|Subj Abbr||Course #||Sect #||Course Title||Instructor(s)||Meeting Times||Institution|
|MUSI||106||01||Master Musicians of Afr||Olabode Omojola||TTH 11:30AM-12:50PM||Amherst College|
|MUSI||449||01||Anthropology of Music||Jeffers Engelhardt||MW 12:30PM-01:50PM||Amherst College|
|HACU||0205||1||American Strings||Rebecca Miller||02:00PM-03:20PM TU;02:00PM-03:20PM TH||Hampshire College|
|HACU||0243||1||Intro to Ethnomusicology||Junko Oba||10:30AM-11:50AM M;10:30AM-11:50AM W||Hampshire College|
|HACU||0320||1||Presenting the Performing Arts||Rebecca Miller||10:30AM-11:50AM TU;10:30AM-11:50AM TH||Hampshire College|
|MUSIC||228||01||African Opera||Olabode Omojola||MW 01:15PM-02:30PM||Mount Holyoke College|
|MUS||101||01||INTRO TO WORLD MUSIC||Margaret Sarkissian||MWF 10:00-10:50||Smith College|
|MUS||202||01||THINKING ABOUT MUSIC||Margaret Sarkissian||MW 02:40-04:00||Smith College|
|MUS||955||01||SMITH JAVANESE GAMELAN ENSEMBL||Maho Ishiguro||W 07:00-10:00||Smith College|
|MUSIC||102||01||Afro-American Music||Carl Clements||TU TH 8:00AM 9:15AM||UMass Amherst|
|MUSIC||160||01||American Popular Music||Marianna Ritchey||TU TH 4:00PM 5:15PM||UMass Amherst|
- Many courses in addition to those listed below may be eligible towards the Five College Ethnomusicology Certificate. Students are encouraged to consult their campus Ethnomusicology advisor to identify courses that are appropriate for their interests.
- View a sample list of methodology and area studies courses eligible for the certificate.
- View a list of ethnomusicology-related performance ensembles.
- Individual lessons and non-ensemble performance: Credit-bearing individual lessons and non-ensemble performance opportunities (i.e. special topics courses or thesis work) in an array of musical traditions and genres are available throughout the Five Colleges. Please consult the course catalog of your home institution and with a member of the Five College Ethnomusicology faculty to find the instructor best suited to your interests.
- Five College Ethnomusicology Certificate students: Depending on your area of interest, courses can often fall within more than one of the four course categories required for the certificate. While a single course cannot be counted twice, you should work in close consultation with your campus Ethnomusicology advisor to determine the appropriate allocation of courses within the certificate requirements.