|Subj Abbr||Course #||Sect #||Course Title||Instructor(s)||Meeting Times||Institution|
|MUSI||445||01||Listening, Hearing||Jeffers Engelhardt, Darryl Harper||WF 12:30PM-01:50PM||Amherst College|
|FAMS||375||01||Jazz Film||Jason Robinson||MW 12:30PM-01:50PM||Amherst College|
|MUSI||264||01||Soundscapes||Yvette Jackson||TTH 01:00PM-02:20PM||Amherst College|
|MUS||249||01||POP MUSIC OF THE ISLAMIC WORLD||Suleiman Mourad; Margaret Sarkissian||TTh 01:00-02:50||Smith College|
|REL||249||01||POP MUSIC OF THE ISLAMIC WORLD||Suleiman Mourad; Margaret Sarkissian||TTh 01:00-02:50||Smith College|
|BLST||234||01||Jazz History to 1945||Jason Robinson||TTH 11:30AM-12:50PM||Amherst College|
|MUSIC||229||01||African Popular Music||Olabode Omojola||MW 01:30PM-02:45PM||Mount Holyoke College|
|MUSI||226||01||Jazz History to 1945||Jason Robinson||TTH 11:30AM-12:50PM||Amherst College|
|MUSI||225||01||Jazz Film||Jason Robinson||MW 12:30PM-01:50PM||Amherst College|
|AMS||220||01||T-DANCE, MUSIC, SEX, ROMANCE||Steve Waksman||MW 01:10-02:30||Smith College|
|MUS||202||01||THINKING ABOUT MUSIC||Margaret Sarkissian||MW 02:40-04:00||Smith College|
|MUSIC||160||01||American Popular Music||Marianna Ritchey||TU TH 4:00PM 5:15PM||UMass Amherst|
|HACU||0258||1||African Popular Music||Olabode Omojola||01:00PM-02:20PM TU;01:00PM-02:20PM TH||Hampshire College|
|HACU||0246||1||J-Pop and Beyond||Junko Oba||02:30PM-03:50PM M;02:30PM-03:50PM W||Hampshire College|
- Many courses in addition to those listed below may be eligible towards the Five College Ethnomusicology Certificate. Students are encouraged to consult their campus Ethnomusicology advisor to identify courses that are appropriate for their interests.
- View a sample list of methodology and area studies courses eligible for the certificate.
- View a list of ethnomusicology-related performance ensembles.
- Individual lessons and non-ensemble performance: Credit-bearing individual lessons and non-ensemble performance opportunities (i.e. special topics courses or thesis work) in an array of musical traditions and genres are available throughout the Five Colleges. Please consult the course catalog of your home institution and with a member of the Five College Ethnomusicology faculty to find the instructor best suited to your interests.
- Five College Ethnomusicology Certificate students: Depending on your area of interest, courses can often fall within more than one of the four course categories required for the certificate. While a single course cannot be counted twice, you should work in close consultation with your campus Ethnomusicology advisor to determine the appropriate allocation of courses within the certificate requirements.