- A course on introductory world politics
- A course on global institutions or problems
- A course on the international financial and/or commercial system
- A course concerning the historical development of the international system since 1789
- A course on contemporary American foreign policy
- Proficiency in a contemporary foreign language through the completion of two years of the language at the college level or its equivalent. (For Amherst College students, the requirement is two years of college-level foreign language study.)
- Two courses on the politics, economy, and/or society of foreign areas, of which one must involve the study of a Third World country or region
More information on required courses can be found on the Certificate page.
To see course descriptions, search for the course in the campus course catalogs.
- Five College Course Schedule
- Amherst College
- Hampshire College
- Mount Holyoke College
- Smith College
- UMass Amherst