The quality of conversion will depend on the quality of the original document uploaded.
- Original documents in the following formats will produce quality conversions: doc, docx, rtf, txt, xml, asc.
- Scanned documents and image-based files will depend on the quality and clarity of the document. The document will be pre-processed using OCR (optical character recognition) to convert to a text-based document. It will then be converted into the output desired.
- If scanning the document:
- Make sure that it is a clean scan with good contrast and no dark markings or smudges.
- Make sure that the text is aligned and not skewed.
- If image-based format:
- Try converting to a Tagged PDF and then copy/paste into a text or word processor.
- If you can't convert to a Tagged PDF, then follow the guidelines under 2.a.