This is a class that lasts about one hour and is required of all America Reads tutors . As a work-study student, you will be paid for your training time. Training will cover classroom etiquette, your responsibilities as an America Reads/America Counts Tutor, and introduces some tutoring strategies. You may look for a job before completing the overview training, but must complete it before you begin tutoring.
Fall 2015 Training Dates: (Register Here)
- Monday, 9/21, 4:00pm – location TBD
- Saturday, 9/26, 10:00am – location TBD
- Monday, 9/21, 5:00pm – Converse 209
- Saturday, 9/26, 11:00am – Converse 209
- Saturday, 9/26, 1:00pm – Franklin Patterson Hall 101
- Monday 9/28, 4:00pm – Franklin Patterson Hall 104
- Monday, 9/21, 6:30pm – Dwight 201
- Sunday, 9/27, 10:00am – Dwight 201
- Sunday, 9/27, 11:30am - Seelye 308
- Monday, 9/28, 5:015pm - Seelye 107
Please click here to register for the training session. If you have any special needs regarding accessibility, please let us know ahead of time so that we can be sure to accommodate you. We encourage you to register in advance, but you can also show up at any Overview Session that your schedule permits without registering.
You must arrive on time and stay through the entire session in order to be paid for your training.
America Reads tutors may attend Overview Training at any campus. Your training not need to be at your own university/college campus.
Be sure to sign up for the Extended Training Workshop.