This is a class that lasts about one hour and is required of all America Reads tutors . As a work-study student, you will be paid for your training time. Training will cover classroom etiquette, your responsibilities as an America Reads/America Counts Tutor, and introduction to some basic tutoring strategies. You may look for and secure a job before completing the overview training, but should attend the training before you begin tutoring.
Fall 2018 Overview Training Sessions:
- Tuesday, 9/18 @ 6pm - Converse Hall, Room 209
- Sunday, 9/23 @ 6pm - Converse Hall, Room 209
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Thursday, 9/13 @ 6pm - Campus Center, Room 905-09
- Saturday, 9/29 @ 10am - Furcalo Hall, Room 102
- Thursday, 9/20 @ 5pm - Campus Center, Room 204
- Sunday, 9/30 @ 4pm - Campus Center, Room 204
- Thursday, 9/6 @ 6pm - Dwight Hall, Room 201
- Second Overview Training, TBD
- Tuesday, 9/11 @ 6pm - Franklin Patterson Hall, Room 101
- Saturday, 9/22 @ 10am - Franklin Patterson Hall, Room 101
If you have any special needs reguarding accessibility, please let us know ahead of time so that we can be sure to accommodate you. We encourage you to register in advance, but you can also show up at any Overview Session that your schedule permits without registering if necessary.
You must arrive on time and stay through the entire session in order to be paid for your training.
America Reads tutors may attend Overview Training at any campus. Your training not need to be at your own university/college campus.
Be sure to sign up for the 2018 Extended Training Workshop.