Many courses in addition to those listed below may be eligible for fulfilling the requirements of the Five College Buddhist Studies Certificate. Students are encouraged to consult a Buddhist Studies Program campus advisor to identify courses that are appropriate for their interests.
Please note that course offerings may change and lists may be updated, so it is helpful to check back regularly.
- To sort by home institution, select "Institution"
- To sort by course subject abbreviation, select "Subj Abbr" to sort abbreviations alphabetically.
- To sort by course number, select "Course #"
- To sort by section number, select "Sect #"
- To sort by course title, select "Course Title"
- Click on the course title to see the course description.
- Note that a list may contain multiple pages. If there is more than one page, use the controls at the bottom to view different pages.
|Subj Abbr||Course #||Sect #||Course Title||Instructor(s)||Meeting Times||Institution|
|ASLC||256||01||Buddhist Ethics||Maria Heim||TTH 01:00PM-02:20PM||Amherst College|
|ASLC||360||01||Buddhist Stories||Lei Ying||TTH 10:00AM-11:20AM||Amherst College|
|RELI||111||01||Introduction to Religion||Andrew Dole, Maria Heim||TTH 10:00AM-11:20AM||Amherst College|
|RELI||255||01||Buddhist Ethics||Maria Heim||TTH 01:00PM-02:20PM||Amherst College|
|RELI||360||01||Buddhist Stories||Lei Ying||TTH 10:00AM-11:20AM||Amherst College|
|CST||249BE||01||Buddhist Ethics||Susanne Mrozik||MW 02:55PM-04:10PM||Mount Holyoke College|
|RELIG||163||01||Introduction to Buddhism||Susanne Mrozik||TTH 01:30PM-02:45PM||Mount Holyoke College|
|RELIG||267||01||Buddhist Ethics||Susanne Mrozik||MW 02:55PM-04:10PM||Mount Holyoke College|
|BUS||120||01||STUDY OF BUDDHISM||Jay Garfield; Andy Rotman||M 07:00-09:30||Smith College|
|PHI||330||01||SEM:HISTORY OF PHILOSOPHY||Jay Garfield||M 01:20-04:00||Smith College|
As part of an ongoing academic exchange program with the Tibetan universities in exile in India, each year the Five Colleges send fifteen students to spend January term studying Buddhist philosophy, Tibetan history and culture, and Tibetan textual analysis in an intensive program taught by the faculty of the Central University of Tibetan Studies in Sarnath, India.
For more information on this program, visit the program website.