|Subj Abbr||Course #||Sect #||Course Title||Instructor(s)||Meeting Times||Institution|
|RELI||152||01||Buddhist Traditions||Maria Heim||TTH 01:00PM-02:20PM||Amherst College|
|REL||264||01||BUDDHIST MEDITATION||Jamie Hubbard||TTh 02:45-04:00||Smith College|
|REL||270||01||ZEN BUDDHISM & JAPANESE CULTUR||Jamie Hubbard||MW 02:45-04:00||Smith College|
|ASIAN-ST||135||01||Buddhism East and West||Reiko Sono||M F 2:30PM 3:45PM||UMass Amherst|
Many courses in addition to those listed below may be eligible for fulfilling the requirements of the Five College Buddhist Studies Certificate. Students are encouraged to consult a Buddhist Studies Program campus advisor to identify courses that are appropriate for their interests.
As part of an ongoing academic exchange program with the Tibetan universities in exile in India, each year the Five Colleges send fifteen students to spend January term studying Buddhist philosophy, Tibetan history and culture, and Tibetan textual analysis in an intensive program taught by the faculty of the Central University of Tibetan Studies in Sarnath, India.
For more information on this program, visit the program website.
- To sort by course subject abbreviation, select "Subj Abbr" to sort abbreviations alphabetically.
- To sort by course number, select "Course #"
- To sort by section number, select "Sect #"
- To sort by course title, select "Course Title"
- To sort by home institution, select "Institution"
- Click on the course title to see the course description.