SPRINGFIELD BOUND EVENT WILL RETURN IN FALL 2021 (INFO AND DETAILS COMING SOON)
Five College Community Based Learning Committee is looking to obtain the services of a consultant to coordinate and realize the yearly Springfield Bound Orientation.
Springfield Bound is a day-long interactive event connecting students, faculty, and staff members from the Five Colleges who are interested in interning, volunteering, and collaborating with community leaders of Greater Springfield. This event offers a diverse set of workshops, interactive events and/or walking tours led by leaders and organizers of Springfield’s community-based organizations. Free breakfast, lunch, and transportation is provided by the Five College Consortium.
Scope of Services for Consultant:
The consultant will provide coordination and program organization for the Springfield Bound student training event to be held in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 (Please note that this year’s event may be held virtually via Zoom platform). The event is hosted by the Five College Community Based Learning (FCCBL) Committee, and the consultant should prepare/organize the following to realize the event:
- Submit work plan and manage event expenses within estimated budget (not to exceed budgeted amount).
- Work with FCCBL committee and partners to create event design and:
- Collaborate in choosing appropriate areas of focus
- Identify and confirm participation of appropriate presenters and workshop leaders
- Work with appropriate campus partners to involve youth in workshops and event hosting
- Plan for a tour or map-based orientation to Springfield,
- Maintain on-going communication with all parties
- Provide for all technology needs and technical assistance to presenters, speakers, and workshop leaders
- Create and manage the event’s on-line registration form and entire registration process. Compile registration for day of event.
- Identify, confirm and coordinate location for the event (or organize on-line zoom platform if event is held virtually).
- Communicate event details (date, location, theme) to Five College communications office for publicity.
- Send save the date email to FCCBL committee and selected campus faculty members.
- Update event details on FCCBL website: www.fivecolleges.edu/cbl
- Arrange breakfast and lunch catering for the event (no food required if event is held virtually).
- Arrange transportation for the day of the event from the 5 campuses to the event location in Springfield and return (no transportation required if event is held virtually).
- Collect W9s and other appropriate documentation for timely payment of stipends to community partners. Submit requests for payment for expenditures to Committee supervisor and Five College staff liaison for approval and processing.
- Host, manage and coordinate on the day of the event.
- Communicate at least biweekly with the FCCBL Committee supervisor(s) with progress updates.
- Update the event evaluation form, and conduct event evaluation per FCCBL Committee plan.
Consolidate learning, report on, and make recommendations for future SB events, to include:
- Compile and analyze evaluation data and create final report, including registration information
- Submit final report (using Bounds report template) to the FCCBL Committee within 30 days following the event, including documentation of methods and results, analysis and suggestions for improving the Springfield Bound event in the future, and a financial report.
- Participate in review of consultant performance with designated Committee members.
Consultant Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience):
- A deep understanding of Springfield’s community-based organizations and activist movements.
- Ability to work collaboratively, to take direction, and to consult on all aspects of the job with the FCCBL committee members.
- Independent initiative. Must have the ability to work independently and to prioritize and complete multiple complex tasks with different timetables and deadlines. Must have the ability to stay on task and work productively with a minimum amount of supervision or guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to organize the event in a timely manner, balancing the demands of concurrent and potentially competing interests.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and create and maintain harmonious relationships with a diverse population of community members, FC students and FCCBL committee members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write concisely, express thoughts clearly, and provide the required summary of events.
The fee for the service described above is: six thousand eight hundred dollars ($6800), to be paid in three installments.
Application Materials and Deadline:
Please attach a resume, cover letter describing your qualifications/interest for the work, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Submit materials as a single PDF document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Springfield Bound Consultant Application”
APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY BY THE PRIORITY DEADLINE OF APRIL 9, 2021 TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION.
Questions: Please contact Ray Rennard at email@example.com.