You can download this document and search for regularly offered courses that have been approved to fullfil CHS certificate requirements. Search by campus, subject or number, as well as by each of the CHS requirement categories:
I: Biocultural Approaches
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches that explore the interdependent influences on human health and disease
II: Mechanisms of Disease Transmission
- Mechanisms of disease growth and transmission within individuals and populations
III: Population Health and Disease
- Exploring the relationships among social, behavioral, economic and other aggregate population forces on human health and disease
IV: Ethics, Policy and Practice
- Covering structures of knowledge about health and healthcare decision making, including ethical and philosophical issues and their corresponding policy platforms, as well as the implementation of healthcare in practice
V: Research Design and Analysis
- Concepts of evidence, data collection, research ethics, measurement and modes of analysis
- It is recommended, but not required, that at least one of your courses expose you to knowledge of health and disease processes at the level of the population.
If you would like to fulfill a CHS requirement with a course that is not included on the ever-approved CHS course list, please contact your campus certificate advisor to request special permission and discuss your course options.
Additionally, you and your advisor can petition to add a course to the Ever Approved Course list with the Course Petition Form.