This practice applies to faculty and staff members with job responsibilities on multiple campuses (joint faculty, faculty on exchange/borrow, FCI staff with responsibilities on multiple campuses); our goal is to eliminate the need for these employees to participate in COVID testing on multiple campuses. All five campuses are requiring vaccinations for employees, and the four colleges will be requiring asymptomatic testing for at least the opening weeks of the semester. Each joint faculty/staff member has a designated primary/home campus and, where necessary, a secondary campus can be identified by FCI for each joint faculty/staff member based on teaching/work commitments.
1. All campuses agree that each Five College joint faculty/staff member is expected to participate in asymptomatic testing on their primary/home campus as outlined by that campus' policy.
- In cases when the primary campus does not require (or offer) testing, but the secondary campus does, then the faculty/staff member is expected to participate in asymptomatic testing on the secondary campus as outlined by that campus' policy.
- In cases where the secondary campus requires additional testing for full-time access to campus (currently Amherst College), faculty with a non-primary appointment at that campus should limit their time on that campus to no more than 24 hours per week in order to be exempt from the need for twice-weekly testing.
2. All campuses agree that each joint faculty/staff member will be considered EXEMPT from testing on the non-primary/home campus(es) where they are authorized to work (by virtue of completing testing on their primary campus).
3. FCI will provide each campus with two lists: (1) the faculty/staff whose primary appointment is on their campus and (2) the faculty/staff whose primary appointment is on another campus and who should be considered exempt from testing on their campus.
For more information regarding Five College Joint Faculty, contact Ray Rennard.
For more information regarding Five College staff, contact Shonda Pettiford.