Dance across the Five Colleges is one of the best ways
to explore five dance programs.
Here is how you can navigate the campuses!
Find the directions and links to important places on each campus for dance spaces.
Always check the PVTA bus schedule and times to confirm the route is current.
These links can help:
Rt 39E between Smith and MHC
B43 between Smith, UM, AC
B43 when there is no school or summer
Rt39 between HC, SC and MHC suspended
R29 between HC, MHC, A Common and UM
Rt38 between MHC, HC, SC, UM
DANCE SPACES AT AMHERST COLLEGE
- When at Amherst, you will know you are there
- Amherst College has only 1 PVTA stop (the one with the bus shelter at the bottom of the hill after turning the big bend and passing Converse Hall on your right)
- For Kirby Theater (pictured below): walk up and over the big hill to your right, past the yellow octagonal building on your right, and find Kirby on your left side at the hill’s bottom
- For Webster Hall studios (pictured below): walk up the same big hill but continue along the peak toward the left, hugging the outermost building of South South Hall. Once the bushes on your right clear, behold, Webster Hall. Enjoy!
PARKING AT AMHERST
- Five College Students
Kirby Theater at Amherst College Webster Hall at Amherst College
DANCE SPACES AT HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE
PARKING AT HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE
Five College Students
- Non–Hampshire College students enrolled in classes on our campus who are requesting a parking decal must complete a proof of registration form and bring it to the central records office on the first floor of the Lemelson Center for Design to obtain a signature. Bring this signed form, your student ID, and your vehicle registration to the parking office at the rear of the library to obtain a parking decal. These decals are free of charge. The Five College student decal is valid for any Hampshire College student parking lot.
- Parking Lots
Student vehicles must be parked in the designated student parking lots identified by a parking sign that reads "student parking only." Student vehicles will be ticketed when parked in other parking lots/spaces. Each student lot has a section for faculty/staff and visitors. These are not student parking spaces. Only registered student vehicles can be parked in the student parking spaces. Students should not park in areas marked "snow removal."
- All parking on campus requires you to obtain a Parking Permit. See more information on Parking here.
- See Hampshire Parking Map here.
DANCE SPACES AT MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE
PARKING AT MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE
DANCE SPACES AT SMITH COLLEGE
Dance spaces are in Theater 14, Crew House and Scott Gym
PARKING AT SMITH
- Five College Students
- Who attend day classes at Smith, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., may choose to:
- Park on city streets in metered or unmetered spaces. There is also a City of Northampton lot on West Street which has extended metered parking (up to 10 hours) between 6 a.m. and midnight.
- Park on campus in visitor spaces (two-hour limit only). There are 10 spaces in the Parking Garage and six spaces in the Dickinson lot on Green Street.
- Purchase a parking decal for $25 to park on the top level of the Smith Parking Garage.
- See Smith Parking Map here. See more information on Parking here.
DANCE SPACES AT UMASS
- For the Fine Arts Center (FAC) (pictured below)
- For Totman (Gym) (pictured below)
PARKING AT UMASS
- Student Parking Permits
- Students need to purchase permits yearly. Student permit fees are based upon the color classification of the lot. Permits are issued based on and eligibility and lot availability.
- Green lots are available to off-campus commuter students.
- Purple lots are available to students living on-campus.
- Yellow lots are available to any University community member.
- All parking on campus requires you to obtain a Parking Permit.
See 2019 UMass Parking Map here.
See more information on Parking here.
Totman bus stop at UMass Amherst Fine Arts Center at UMass Amherst