Dance Place has one opening for the Winter/Spring internship program, beginning in January. This is a position with free housing. Please read the following requirements and expectations of housing Interns, and respond with REQUIRED information by November 16, 2012 if you are interested in moving your application forward!
Box Office/Production Administration Intern
Description: Intern will work directly with the Production Manager and Box Office Manager, learning about artist services, box office procedures with a specific focus on group sales, assist with special projects and the administration work that supports Dance Place’s performance series.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect information through artist surveys, including follow-up
- Manage group sales under Box Office Manager’s supervision
- Coordinate complimentary tickets for artists and Dance place donors (working closely with the Development staff)
- Send out donation requests
- Front of House preparation, assist with staffing for performances
- Assist with touring artists/artist services
- Assist with travel, housing, itinerary for artist residencies
- Coordinate/follow-up with Restaurant Projects contacts
- Will assist Production Manager in special artist/production projects (i.e. DanceAfrica, DC)
- Assist in events and reception on specific weekends
Qualifications: Must be extremely organized with exceptional inter-personal skills, have a good memory and be able to juggle different tasks calmly. Must demonstrate ability to handle phone conversations professionally and have good customer service; an ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Internship with free housing:
Free housing for interns is often provided in a group intern house located near Dance Place. Located in an urban residential environment, Dance Place is just a 7 minute walk from the Metro system.
- 20-25 hours per week (M-S between 9am-10pm)
- Must be available Mondays 12-2:30pm for staff meetings
- Work week includes at least 1 shift of studio management
- Actively participate in multiple Dance Place departments and programs and volunteer for special events
- Assist with front of house management at least once a month for performances
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter including your area of interest, resume detailing both dance and work experience, and one letter of recommendation by fax 202-269-4103 <tel:202-269-4103> or by mail at 3225 8th St NE, Washington, DC 20017 (Attn: Valerie Branch). All letters of recommendation should be submitted directly from person writing letter via mail. For further information call 202-269-1600 <tel:202-269-1600> . **Please note the deadline for letters of recommendation are December 3, 2012!**