|Subj Abbr||Course #||Sect #||Course Title||Instructor(s)||Meeting Times||Institution|
|MUSI||128||01||The Blues Muse||Jason Robinson||MW 02:00PM-03:20PM||Amherst College|
|HACU||0208||1||Encapsulating Sounds||Junko Oba||10:30AM-11:50AM M;10:30AM-11:50AM W||Hampshire College|
|HACU||0232||1||The American Broadway Musical||Rebecca Miller||02:30PM-03:50PM TU;02:30PM-03:50PM TH||Hampshire College|
|HACU||0241||1||Intro to Ethnomusicology||Junko Oba||10:30AM-11:50AM TU;10:30AM-11:50AM TH||Hampshire College|
|HACU||0243||1||Music Journalism for Radio||Rebecca Miller||01:00PM-03:50PM W||Hampshire College|
|MUSIC||226||01||World Music||Instructor To Be Announced||MW 01:30PM-02:45PM||Mount Holyoke College|
|MUS||101||01||INTRO TO WORLD MUSIC||Margaret Sarkissian||MWF 09:25-10:15||Smith College|
|WGSS||293G||01||S- Black Music and Protest||Oluwafunmilayo Okiji||TU TH 1:00PM 2:15PM||UMass Amherst|
- Many courses in addition to those listed below may be eligible towards the Five College Ethnomusicology Certificate. Students are encouraged to consult their campus Ethnomusicology advisor to identify courses that are appropriate for their interests.
- View a sample list of methodology and area studies courses eligible for the certificate.
- View a list of ethnomusicology-related performance ensembles.
- Individual lessons and non-ensemble performance: Credit-bearing individual lessons and non-ensemble performance opportunities (i.e. special topics courses or thesis work) in an array of musical traditions and genres are available throughout the Five Colleges. Please consult the course catalog of your home institution and with a member of the Five College Ethnomusicology faculty to find the instructor best suited to your interests.
- Five College Ethnomusicology Certificate students: Depending on your area of interest, courses can often fall within more than one of the four course categories required for the certificate. While a single course cannot be counted twice, you should work in close consultation with your campus Ethnomusicology advisor to determine the appropriate allocation of courses within the certificate requirements.
- To sort by course subject abbreviation, select "Subj Abbr" to sort abbreviations alphabetically.
- To sort by course number, select "Course #"
- To sort by section number, select "Sect #"
- To sort by course title, select "Course Title"
- To sort by home institution, select "Institution"
- Click on the course title to see the course description.