The Five College Meeting of Department Chairs and Program Directors is an annual convening of academic leaders from our five campuses. It gives people an opportunity to catch up with the efforts and opportunities of the Consortium, and meet with colleagues from the same discipline and share ideas, challenges and successes. Each year the meeting begins with a plenary session and then shifts to break-out sessions organized around the disciplines of attendees.
This year the meeting will be remote via Zoom. We will create break-out rooms around the disciplines of registrants, and during the meeting you will have the opportunity to choose your break-out room. Possible discussion points are:
• Campus updates: new hires, anticipated retirements, curriculum gaps, and other news
• Impact of the coronavirus pandemic on teaching and research in your department
• Plans in your department to address racial justice and equity
• New collaboration possibilities
• Things Five Colleges can do to support teaching or research in your department
Michael Thurston, Chair of the Five College Deans Council
Sarah Pfatteicher, Executive Director of Five Colleges
Ray Rennard, Director of Academic Programs at Five Colleges
Breakout Sessions organized by department/discipline
See photos from last year's meeting.