Faculty Seminar Guidelines for Application
Five College Faculty Seminars bring together faculty members from three or more of the five campuses to exchange ideas, discuss works-in-progress, and on occasion host guest speakers. Their formats vary according to the needs and interests of those participating, as does meeting frequency. Seminars are funded for the academic year on a year-to-year basis. Allocations never exceed $1,000.
- To be eligible for funding a seminar should include members from all five colleges, but three-and four-college seminars are possible.
- Guest speakers should constitute an occasional rather than regular feature.
- Seminar funds may not be used to cover the cost of meals for members but may pay for meals of guest speakers (including five college faculty members) and for light refreshments at meetings (including beverages). Funds cannot be used to pay honoraria to faculty members from the five institutions.
- In general, seminars cannot be hosted at the Five College office, but should meet in space provided free of charge on the campuses.
Proposals for new seminars and renewal requests for 2021-22 are due on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Late requests will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In the form, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Name of seminar
- Name(s) of the person(s) responsible for administering the seminar
- Description of the structure and purpose of the seminar
- Number of meetings anticipated and a list of faculty members who have agreed to participate
- A budget of projected expenditures for activities proposed (i.e., expenses for speakers, meeting refreshments, special materials supporting seminar discussion, etc.)