Human and Physical Geography of East Asia Virtual Seminar
For New England Teachers
Facilitated by Arlene Kowal
*Applications are now closed.*
This twenty-hour seminar is open to K-12 classroom teachers of history, geography, social studies, art, music, English/language arts, technology, and other teachers who desire to incorporate teaching about East Asia into their curriculum. School librarians and administrators are also encouraged to apply. It provides content and resources for teaching about China, Japan, and Korea. This online seminar is limited to K-12 educators in New England. (ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI)
A combination of 60-minute and 90-minute sessions will be scheduled on Wednesdays or Thursdays in February, March and April, from 7- 8:00 p.m. or 7- 8:30 p.m. Zoom will be the virtual tool. Readings will be posted on a Moodle site.
A group of core sessions are required which total 12 hours. Participants can choose the 8 additional hours from those scheduled. Any participant who completes 30 hours may receive a stipend of $150 and a certificate of completion for 30 hours.
- Learn about East Asia from experts in the field.
- Receive $100 personal stipend and certificate for completion of 20 hours.
- Receive $150 in course materials.
- Attend sessions online, complete readings and assignments
- Create a written implementation plan showing how information and resources from the seminar will be used in your classes.