Deadline for Nominations: Friday, FebruAry 6, 2015
The Lorna M. Peterson Prize supports scholarly and creative work by undergraduate students taking part in a Five College program. The $500 prize is awarded annually based on nominations from Five College programs.
Dr. Lorna M. Peterson served as the Executive Director of the Five College Consortium from 1990-2009. This prize, established by the Five College Board of Directors and her colleagues and friends throughout the Consortium, honors her commitment to collaboration as a means of advancing understanding and expanding opportunity, especially for students.
- Any undergraduate student participating in a Five College program is eligible for nomination.
- Funds can be used to support such activities as scholarly work, performance, research or arts projects, conference attendance or travel related to student work.
- Each Five College program may nominate one student per year.
- Nominations must be submitted by a faculty member on behalf of a Five College program.
- Nominations should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject Line: Lorna M. Peterson Prize Committee)
- The email should include two PDF attachments, one from the faculty member writing on behalf of the nominating program, another from the student being nominated.
- The nominating letter (1-2 pages) should identify the nominating program and the primary author of the nominating letter (with contact information). It should describe the student’s past work in the program field and relationship to the program, how the prize will support the student’s work and development, and how the student’s work will contribute to the development of others.
- The student’s statement (1-2 pages) should describe the work the prize will support, why the work is interesting, how it connects to the work of the Five College program, and how the work will be shared with others.
Submit to: Marie Muir, Academic Programs Administrative Assistant, email@example.com (Subject line: Lorna M. Peterson Prize Committee)
For further information, contact Nate Therien, Five College Director for Academic Programs, at (413) 542-4011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorna Peterson Prize
The Lorna M. Peterson Prize supports scholarly and creative work by undergraduate students taking part in Five College programs and cross campus collaborations. The $500 prize is awarded annually based on nominations from Five College programs.
Nominations due February 1, 2015.
For more information, please visit the Lorna Peterson Prize page
Five College Film Studies Undergraduate Conference
Hosted by the Five College Film Council.
Most Recent: March 2, 2014 at Mount Holyoke College
Upcoming: Spring 2015, date TBA
Please visit the Five College Film Studies Undergraduate Conference Facebook page for future updates and announcements.