If you're unfamiliar with the concept of pages on this system, click here to learn about it.
Follow the steps below to learn how to add a page to a site or a section of a site.
- Go to the page under which you want your new page to appear. Make sure you are on the right page by checking the side menu (the page name will be bold and blue) and also the page's URL displaying in the window (URL bar) at the top of your browser.
Here is an example of a browser's URL bar with the URL of a page displayed:
- Click on the Settings tab.
- In the menu just below Settings, choose Add sub-page.
- Scroll down to the field called Page name. Add text in this field to give your new page a name.
This name will appear in the side menu and breadcrumbs of your site. (Breadcrumbs are the links that appear under the red-colored Five College website main navigation bar.) It will also appear as a title in the top border of your browser window.
- Review the URL name.
The URL name is a suffix that will be added to the end of the address (URL) of your current page. The URL name will contain the text you entered into the Page name field with an underscore _ in place of each space in the Page name. Depending on the length and complexity of the Page name, you may want to edit the new page's URL name to shorten it and make it easier for people to remember. To do this, click the Edit text link that appears next to the URL name (see above). The URL name field appears.
- In the URL name field, type a new URL name.
As the note under the URL name field says, "Make this a shortened version of the Page name, using only lowercase letters, numerals, hyphens, periods and underscores."
Do not add spaces to the URL name.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Create subpage button.
- Your new page (a subpage of the page you started on) will appear in the side menu under its parent (the page you started on has become the parent of the new subpage).