As stated under Certificate, course requirements cover the following areas of study:
- A course on introductory world politics
- A course on global institutions or problems
- A course on the international financial and/or commercial system
- A course concerning the historical development of the international system since 1789
- A course on contemporary American foreign policy
- Proficiency in a contemporary foreign language through the completion of two years of the language at the college level or its equivalent. Please note, for Amherst College students, the requirement is two years of college-level foreign language study.”
- Two courses on the politics, economy, and/or society of foreign areas, of which one must involve the study of a Third World country or region.
More information on required courses can be found in the Certificate section of this site.