Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Five College office of Compliance and Risk Management
Status: Full time, non-exempt. Position is located on Mount Holyoke campus, South Hadley, MA.
Pay Rate: $15.50 - $17.50/hour with excellent benefits
Supervisor: Director of Compliance and Risk Management
General Statement of Duties: The Administrative Assistant performs administrative functions for the Office of Five College Compliance and Risk Management (CRM), supporting the Director and Insurance Specialist, while maintaining strict confidentiality. The office is located on the campus of Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley.
Importance of Diversity to our Educational Mission: Five Colleges, Incorporated and its five associated institutions (Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke and Smith Colleges and the University of Massachusetts Amherst) are committed to supporting and sustaining a diversity of people, backgrounds, experiences, ideas and points of view for the essential contribution this diversity makes to educational missions of our organizations. Hence Five Colleges requires all of its employees to work cooperatively and effectively with the diversity of people at the colleges (students, faculty members, other employees) and within the organization itself.
- While maintaining the strictest confidentiality and exercising good judgment and discretion:
- Provide support by managing the filing and distribution of all correspondence. Manage office files and official records.
- Maintain the calendar and schedule meetings for the Director. Assist the Specialist with scheduling large or complex meetings as needed.
- Manage the preparation of the department and captive annual reports, as well as other committee reports as directed.
- Support the Specialist as directed, such as by creating claims file set up and processing payments.
Data & Financial Support
- Enter data into systems and utilize financial reporting tools (including databases and Excel). Independently handle requests for certificates of insurance coverage in the absence of the Insurance & Claims Specialist.
- Prepare payments for the Captive insurance company.
- Handle inquiries and provide support for CRM programs, such as Driver Credentialing, Waiver Management, Vehicle Tracking, and Child Safety Database.
- Work with the team on the design and content for new and existing Risk Management & Compliance pages.
- Prepare and optimize content (text, images, multimedia); perform navigation and browser compatibility checks.
- Monitor pages for outdated material and develop and maintain web forms.
- Respond to a variety of web-related requests across the four campuses and support risk management and compliance web sites as needed on the other campuses.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the office, including mail, telephone, reception, supplies, and supervision of student workers duties.
- Perform additional related duties as requested.
- High school diploma and three to five years of relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with website content management and site maintenance.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with all levels of department and member organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, take initiative, resolve problems, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work successfully and inclusively in a diverse workplace, to value different points of view, and to respect the cultural differences, opinions, and traditions of co-workers and all constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to handle financial data accurately.
- Experience completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines for daily, weekly, annual, and project workload goals.
- Demonstrated record of judgment and discretion.
- Flexibility to work closely with others in a small cooperative office and, during frequent absence of supervisor, ability to self-direct work responsibly.
- Ability to travel to campuses approximately twice per month with Risk Manager.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
Five Colleges particularly encourages applications from members of groups under-represented in our higher education workforce.
Review of applications will begin June 26 and will continue until the position is filled. Please supply resume and letter of interest in the position. Click here: To apply