- Faculty, staff, students with a valid 5 college library card should request journal articles via the Interlibrary Loan services of their home library. Community patrons may use this article request form. All others must request articles via the Interlibrary Loan services of their primary library.
- Articles from journals, magazines, periodicals or serials are supplied as scanned images via email or other electronic delivery method or as a photocopy according to the preference indicated on the request.
- A completely filled out form will facilitate the rapid delivery of these materials. Requests without complete citation information may take longer to fill or may be returned for additional information.
- Five Colleges faculty, staff and students may request books directly through the "Request Item" function of the Joint Online Library Catalog. Material will be sent to the requestor’s home library via the Five College Library Courier. Established Five College circulation policy and practice are followed for Repository materials.
- Massachusetts state borrowers and patrons affiliated with other libraries outside of the Five Colleges should contact their local library to request the loan of materials held in the FCLRC collection via Interlibrary Loan.
Loan of Serial/Periodical volumes
In exceptional cases some serial publications designated as non-circulating may be delivered to any Five College library for use within the library for one week. Please indicate the need for this type of loan on the request form.
On-Site Access - by appointment
All materials stored in the FCLRC facilities are also available for on-site use in the Reading Room with prior arrangement. Appointment times are available between 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. Appointments should be made in advance to allow staff enough time to retrieve the material needed for use. Patrons are not permitted to browse the storage area. Positive ID will be required for use of materials in the reading room.
To make an appointment contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; (413) 542-2865.