The Five College Schools Partnership is looking for an energetic person with strong organizational, communication, and computer skills to assist with project management, events coordination and publicity. The Five College Schools Partnership brings Five College and K-12 educators together to improve their knowledge and teaching skills and to contribute to educational quality and opportunity from kindergarten to college. Each year, the Partnership organizes 3-6 major workshops or other events for teachers and students. The Events and Communications Coordinator will play a major role in the success of these events and the overall work of the Partnership.
The Events and Communications Coordinator will assist the Partnership Director in the following major tasks:
- Update and maintain the Partnership webpage and distribution lists;
- Research and write content for three issues of the quarterly Partnership News e-newsletter;
- Cultivate new content on the Partnership Facebook page and other social media;
- Manage publicity for events, including creating flyers and maintaining email distribution lists;
- Manage registration process: set up online registration forms, monitor registration data and produce finalized registration lists;
- Assist with event logistics such as set-up, materials production, participant assistance, etc.;
- Manage evaluation of events: set up and manage online or paper evaluation forms, compile and analyze data as needed;
- Produce certificates for participants;
- Provide other assistance to Five College Schools Partnership programs, as needed.
Approximate Number of Hours: 8-10 hours per week; schedule is flexible but work will take place at Five Colleges offices, 97 Spring Street, Amherst.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good computer and social media skills;
- Ability to follow a project through to completion.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
Preferred, but not required:
- Interest in K-12 education.
- Experience with web content management systems.
Hourly Wage: $11.00/hour. Candidates must be eligible for work-study.
How to Apply: Please send an email explaining your interest in the position, your resume, a writing sample, and a link to one social media site you have created or managed to Marla Solomon, Director of Partnership Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial application deadline: September 15, 2017. Applications accepted until position filled.