Communications and Project Assistant
The Five College Schools Partnership is looking for an energetic, creative person with strong communication, computer, and organizational skills to assist with communications, research, and events. The Five College Schools Partnership organizes programs that contribute to educational equity, quality, and opportunity in K-12 education. The Partnership currently has several dynamic projects, including the Diverse Teacher Workforce Coalition, the Western Massachusetts Math Partnership, Doors to the World Global Children’s Literature, and Teaching Native American Histories. The Communications and Project Assistant will play an important role in the success of these projects and the overall work of the Partnership.
The Communications and Project Assistant will assist the Partnership Director in the following major tasks:
- Update and maintain the Partnership webpage and distribution lists;
- Research and write content for three issues of the quarterly Partnership News e-newsletter;
- Cultivate new content on the Partnership Facebook page and other social media;
- Provide similar communications, research, and website support for specific projects;
- Create flyers and maintain email distribution lists;
- Provide other assistance to Five College Schools Partnership programs, as needed.
Approximate Number of Hours: 8-10 hours per week; schedule flexible; work takes place at Five Colleges offices, 97 Spring Street, Amherst.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good computer and social media skills;
- Ability to follow a project through to completion.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
Preferred, but not required:
- Interest in K-12 education.
- Experience with web content management systems.
Hourly Wage: $11.00/hour. Candidates must be eligible for work-study.
How to Apply: Please send an email explaining your interest in the position, your resume, a writing sample, and a link to one social media site you have created or managed to Marla Solomon, Director of Partnership Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Initial deadline September 4, 2018. Applications will be accepted until position filled.