Organizers from UMass Students for Reproductive Justice and the Pioneer Valley Women's March will be hosting a panel discussing the intersection of reproductive justice activism and politics on a state and local level. While many believe Massachusetts' progressive tendencies will be enough to protect our residents as the federal government continues to strip away rights and protections, the truth is that both activists and politicians are going to have to work closely together in the State in order to truly guarantee equitable access to reproductive health care for all.
Our wonderful panelists include:
- Cory Ellen Gatrall, a sexual and reproductive health RN and
organizer of the forth-coming Western MA Abortion Doula project
- Rep. Ellen Story, the former Representative for the Hampshire 3rd District
- Laura Briggs, Professor and Chair of the Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Department at UMass Amherst
- Marisa Pizii, Co-Director of the Prison Birth Project
- Mason Dunn, President of the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition