(December 15, 2010 for Spring 2011 residencies; April 4, 2011 for Fall 2011 residencies)
Applications for Artist Residencies (preferably in electronic form) must include:
- The name and bio/resume of the artist and the project to be supported
- The name and contact information of the primary five-college host for this residency
- The names and contact information of at least two additional hosts (on at least two additional campuses) for this residency
- A brief description of the project. This will include details about its relevance to our community and our mission to support multicultural perspectives. It will also include details about how members of the five college community will interact with the artist during their residency i.e. guest lectures, workshops, area school visits, master classes, pre- and/or post-show discussions.
- A project budget that includes the artist’s fee, estimates for travel costs and other expenses related to the residency. If additional funding or support is secured for this residency, it should be reflected in this budget.
- Applications and questions about application procedure should be directed to the campus representative on the committee (see first page).
- The average award is between $3000 and $5000.
If a project is funded, requests for payment should be sent to: Priscilla Page, Multicultural Theater Coordinator, Five Colleges, Inc., 97 Spring Street, Amherst, MA, 01002 (email: email@example.com).
The Five College Multicultural Theater Committee asks that all grant recipients acknowledge support from the Five College Multicultural Theater Committee in programs and publicity (e.g., Funded in part by the Five College Multicultural Theater Committee) and provide an itemized financial report of actual income and expenses.
Requests may be submitted up to the deadline of December 15, 2010 and April 4, 2011 and will be considered as long as funds are available.