(Proposals Due October 3, 2011 for 2012 Residencies)
Applications for Artist Residencies (preferably in electronic form) must include:
- The name and bio/resume of the artist and the project to be supported
- The name and contact information of the primary five college host for this residency
- The names and contact information of at least two additional hosts (on at least two additional campuses) for this residency
- A brief description of the project. This will include details about its relevance to our community and our mission to support multicultural perspectives. It will also include details about how members of the five college community will interact with the artist during their residency i.e. guest lectures, workshops, pre- or post-show discussions.
- A project budget that includes the artist’s fee, estimates for travel costs and other expenses related to the residency. If additional funding or support is secured for this residency, it should be reflected in this budget.
- Applications and questions about application procedure should be directed to the campus representative on the committee (see below).
- The average award is between $3000 and $5000.
The Five College Multicultural Theater Committee asks that all grant recipients acknowledge support from the Five College Multicultural Theater Committee in programs and publicity (e.g., Funded in part by the Five College Multicultural Theater Committee) and provide an itemized financial report of actual income and expenses.
Requests may be submitted up to the deadline of October 3, 2011, to Multicultural Theater committee.
Amherst College: Ron Bashford, Assistant Professor of Theater and Dance, (413) 542-2411
Hampshire College: Djola Branner, Associate Professor of Theatre, (413) 559-5511
Mount Holyoke College: Brooke O'Harra, Visiting Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts, (413) 538-2337
Smith College: Len Berkman, Professor of Theater, (413) 585-3206
UMass Amherst: Megan Lewis, Assistant Professor of Theatre History and Criticism, (413) 545-6816