Auto Insurance Information

All vehicles are covered under the College’s auto insurance policy and are subject to a $500.00 deductible for “at – fault” or surchargable accidents.  If you are driving a vehicle (owned, leased or rented) on College business, you are required to be Credentialed.

All persons driving on behalf of the College are subject to the rules and policies set forth in the Fleet Vehicle Use & Policies manual.

Auto Rentals

When renting a car for College travel, you should:

  1. choose the most economical price bracket offered by the rental agency
  2. Reserve the vehicle in BOTH the names of the individual and the College
  3. Sign the rental agreement in BOTH the names of the individual and the College, and
  4. Decline liability insurance and collision insurance offered by the rental agency for vehicles rented/driven in the United States or Canada.  For any non-US or Canadian rentals, you must take the applicable comprehensive and collision insurance provided by the rental company.

Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding the information on this page.