Five College Administrative Fund
Groups seeking to carry out a one-time collaboration in the interests of professional development or work-related training may apply to this fund for support. Awards in the range of a few hundred dollars are available to groups of staff representing all five campuses.
Five College Fund for Long-Term Initiatives
This fund supports innovative forms of collaboration of a larger and more long-term scale. Grants from this fund may also be used to support studies examining the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of new forms of collaboration. Groups working in any administrative area within the five colleges are welcome to apply. Projects eligible for support are those that:
- introduce cooperation into new administrative areas;
- rely on multi-campus planning and implementation;
- evidence investment from all five campuses;
- involve staff from at least three campuses;
- have secured funding, when appropriate, from institutional and other sources.
Proposals to this fund may be submitted throughout the year but must be submitted at least one month prior to the date the project is scheduled to begin, and should include the following information:
- A description of the sponsoring administrative group(s), including the names of individuals engaged in planning, and the contact person for the group;
- A description of the proposed project and an assessment of its outcomes and value for each of the participating institutions;
- A budget that includes projected costs and anticipated sources of revenue exclusive of Five College funding.
Funding decisions are made by senior officers in the appropriate adminstrative areas, in consultation with the PBOs. Questions regarding the application process may be addressed to the Five College Executive Director, Neal B. Abraham, or the Five College Treasurer, Barbara Lucey.