The Five College Center for East Asian Studies (FCCEAS) a program of Five Colleges, Incorporated, has an opening for a Program Assistant to support its work of K-12 and higher education programming. For 25 years the Center has been one of seven national coordinating sites for the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia (nctasia.org), an initiative which encourages and facilitates teaching and learning about East Asia in elementary and secondary schools.
Working from FCCEAS offices, the Program Assistant provides logistical and administrative support for NCTA K-12 professional development programming and assists with planning, advertising and implementing Center events.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, benefited position with Five Colleges, Incorporated. It is an in-person onsite role; the primary work location is on the campus of Smith College in Northampton.
As the Program Assistant, you will provide essential program support for K-12 educator professional development training. You will process payments, conduct account reconciliations, maintain the Center’s databases, and prepare supporting documents for grant proposals.
You could be a great fit for this position if you:
- Enjoy working with and recognize the value of supporting those who teach at the K-12 level
- Like fitting all the puzzle pieces together for successful programs
- Are an excellent communicator
- Have a knack for finding creative ways to publicize programs and resources
- Understand the value in successfully tracking small details
Importance of Diversity to our Educational Mission
Five Colleges, Incorporated and its five associated institutions (Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke and Smith Colleges and the University of Massachusetts Amherst) are committed to supporting and sustaining a diversity of people, backgrounds, experiences, ideas and points of view for the essential contribution this diversity makes to educational missions of our organizations. In support of this commitment Five Colleges requires all of its employees to work cooperatively and effectively with the diversity of people at the colleges (students, faculty members, other employees) and within the organization itself.
Before applying, review the full Program Assistant, Center for East Asian Studies position description.
For priority consideration, apply by January 27, 2023, via the Smith College job portal.*
* Please attach BOTH a current resume and a cover letter for your application to be considered for this position. You may combine your resume and cover letter into a single file or attach multiple files, but be sure to add all attachments BEFORE SUBMITTING your application. You will NOT be able to attach additional files after clicking the Submit button.
Inquiries about this position should be directed to email@example.com.