The study of Africa at the Five Colleges:
Greater than the sum of its parts
"We're not just a group of scholars who happen to be located in one place; we're a real community of people who share a vision for making Africa better known and better understood."
-- Rowland Abiodun, Amherst College
The African Studies Review
Nationally recognized as a center for the study of Africa, the Five College consortium is home to the premier professional publication for African Studies, the African Studies Review.
The Five College African Studies Certificate
The Five College Certificate in African Studies offers students an opportunity to pursue an interest in African studies as a complement to any academic major.
Drawing on the expertise and courses offered by more than fifty faculty members across the five campuses, students pursuing the Five College African Studies certificate work closely with a faculty advisor to plan a uniquely tailored course of study.
- Find an African Studies Certificate Advisor
- Submit the African Studies Certificate Student Interest Form online
- Learn more about the certificate program
- Learn more about African Studies courses offered at all five campuses
- Learn about studying African languages with the Five College Center for the Study of World Languages