Deadline for Nominations: March 26, 2021
The Lorna M. Peterson Prize supports scholarly and creative work by undergraduate students taking part in a Five College program. The $500 prize is awarded annually based on nominations from Five College programs.
Dr. Lorna M. Peterson served as the Executive Director of the Five College Consortium from 1990 to 2009. This prize, established by the Five College Board of Directors and her colleagues and friends throughout the Consortium, honors her commitment to collaboration as a means of advancing understanding and expanding opportunity, especially for students.
- Any undergraduate student participating in a Five College program or grant project is eligible for nomination.
- Funds can be used to support such activities as scholarly work, performance, research or arts projects, conference attendance or travel related to student work.
- Each Five College program or grant project may nominate one student per year.
- Nominations must be submitted by a faculty member on behalf of a Five College program or grant project.
- Nominations should be submitted by email to Rebecca Thomas (Subject Line: Lorna M. Peterson Prize Committee).
- The email should include two PDF attachments, one from the faculty member writing on behalf of the nominating program, another from the student being nominated.
- The Nominating Letter (1-2 pages) should identify the nominating program and the primary author of the nominating letter (with contact information). It should describe the student’s past work in the program field, collaboration with students and/or faculty members from multiple campuses, examples of leadership in relation to the program, how the prize will support the student’s current and future work and development, and how the student’s work has contributed or will contribute to the development of others.
- The Student Statement (1-2 pages) should describe the student's experience in a Five College program, experience collaborating with students and/or faculty members from other campuses, the work the prize will support, why the work is interesting, how it connects to the work of the Five College program, and how the work will be shared with others.
For further information, please contact Rebecca Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.