The Five College Lecture Fund annually supports smaller-scale cross-campus initiatives such as lectures, performances, and small exhibitions. Normally, grants are made for special “one-time” events and not events repeated annually or as part of an ongoing series. All proposals should demonstrate a high degree of cross-campus collaboration and benefit. In accordance with the Statement on Racial Equity & Justice at Five Colleges, Incorporated, events that seek to promote racial equity through their structure and/or content are particularly welcome and may receive special consideration.
Note: The Symposium Fund supports larger-scale cross-campus initiatives.
Events must include components that are free and open to the public.
Five College faculty members must be allowed to participate at no cost.
The collaborative nature of the event must be demonstrated by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- Faculty members from at least 3 campuses are substantively involved in event planning OR
- Events are sited on at least 2 campuses OR
- Event has received financial/in-kind contributions from at least 3 campuses* OR
- At least 3 campuses are involved in the event through a combination of the above
*Note: If the only demonstrated cross-campus collaboration is in the form of financial/in-kind contributions, the Lecture Fund will generally award no more than the total contributions of the non-host campuses.
- $200-$2,000 per event
- No more than 75% of total event budget
Rolling. Please apply at least 4 to 6 weeks before your event is scheduled to take place.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com. Submissions must include an application form and a detailed budget as an editable spreadsheet. To download:
- Application form (.docx)
- Budget template (.xlsx) (you may also create your own editable spreadsheet as long as the same information is included)
Contact Ray Rennard for more information.