Five College Risk Management has worked with its participating Colleges, Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke and Smith to develop policies, procedures and support services for its students, faculty, staff and alumnae/i
who travel overseas.
International travel is as varied as the places we may travel to. Students may travel as part of a formal study abroad program for a semester, year, or summer, accompany faculty members on field trips or research programs, travel with an athletic team or student organization, or travel independently or with a group for research, career development or community service. This site is intended to assist the traveler in appropriately managing the risks associated with travel or organizing travel for others. For policies and procedures specific to your institution, consult your own institution. For Five College Risk Management resources, information, and forms, please see below.
For Students and Parents
For faculty and staff
- Information on planning a voluntary or college-sponsored field trip
- A guide to managing risk for off-campus travel involving students
- Voluntary Trip Waiver Form - International/Domestic
- Our Faculty/Staff International Travel section
- Alumnae/i who are traveling on college-sponsored trips are welcome to use AIG/Travel Guard if needed. However, any services involving guarantee or funds or AIG/Travel Guard fees will be billed to the traveler.