To access materials in any of the Five College libraries' collections, or to request items from the Five College Library Repository Collection (formerly known as the Depository), refer to the instructions on this page.
To request an article
- Five College faculty, staff, students with a valid library card should request journal articles via the Interlibrary Loan services of their home library.
- Community patrons should use the article request form.
- Articles from journals, magazines, periodicals, or serials are delivered as a PDF via email or other electronic delivery method.
- A completely filled out form will facilitate the rapid delivery of these materials. Requests without complete citation information may take longer to fill or may be returned for additional information.
To request a book
- Five College faculty, staff, and students may request books directly through the "Request Item" function of the Joint Online Library Catalog. Material will be sent to the patron's home library. Materials borrowed from the Repository Collection follow established Five College circulation policy and practice.
- Massachusetts state borrowers and patrons affiliated with other libraries outside of the Five Colleges should contact their local library to request the loan of materials held in the FCLRC via Interlibrary Loan.
For loan of Serial/Periodical volumes
Most serial publications are not available for loan. In exceptional cases, some serial publications may be delivered to a Five College library for library use only for a period of one week. Please indicate the need for this type of loan on the request form.
For onsite access (by appointment)
All materials stored in the FCLRC facilities are available for onsite use in the Reading Room with prior arrangement. Appointment times are available during FCI's operating hours. Onsite appointments must be requested in advance to allow time for retrieval of the requested material. Patrons are not permitted to browse the storage area. Identification is required to access materials onsite.